Services Available to You in Irish
Peig.ie’s Business Directory (Eolaire Gnó PEIG.ie)
Eolaire Gnó Peig.ie is a new web directory for Irish language services, now available as part of Peig.ie. This new service was developed by Conradh na Gaeilge and is funded by Foras na Gaeilge. Since its launch in June 2016, over 120 companies have registered with the site.
Registering your business is completely free, could help widen your customer base and offers you a unique selling point. General information about all registered companies is advertised and made available to the public, i.e., contact details, opening hours and more. The aim of this directory is to spread information about Irish language services and to increase demand.
Ten reasons to use the Irish language in your business:
- 1. Lots of Irish people are proud to be able to use their native language.
- There is a demand for services through Irish as a result. This is one of the main reasons this directory has been developed.
- The Irish language creates a common link between customer and company.
- A special relationship and loyalty is created between the company and the customer because of this common link.
- Using Irish opens up new markets to your business.
- It gives recognition and edge to your company in the marketplace, and provides a unique selling point.
- Increased visibility for your business among the Irish language community could mean lots of new customers.
- A bilingual edge adds greatly to the national and global status of the company.
- Use of the Irish language gives customers a unique insight into Irish culture.
- There is plenty of support available to help you use more Irish in the workplace.
The above information is based on research from Brown 2015. Available here.
How to register your details with Eolaire Gnó Peig.ie:
Follow these two easy steps below:
- Read disclaimer
- Fill in registration form (English Version)
- Wait for the PEIG.ie team to send an email confirming your company is up on the site.
Your company does not need to function entirely through Irish to take part. You can register specific services offered through Irish if you like. Even if your team only has the cúpla focal, registering with Eolaire Gnó Peig.ie tells the public that your company will do its best to use Irish with customers.
We will send out a a free support pack as soon as you register, with resources to help promote the Irish language in the workplace.
Contact us if you have any queries.
Email: email@example.com or Phone: (01) 475 7401.